Friday, June 11, 2010

Introduction to ME

Hello, my name is Valerie Gilbert and I am in my third semester of the Master's program in Instructional Technology. I am excited about all that this summer has to offer through the 4 courses I am taking (many of you are in other classes with me). I have a BS in Education from the University of Memphis and have taught 3rd grade, regular education for 3 years. I believe that technology education should start during early childhood education because our society is moving even more toward technology dependent lifestlyes, and it is now critical that children are exposed to the proper use of technology in order to hopefully prevent Internet misuse.

In my free time I enjoy spending time with my husband of almost 5 years. He is a youth and children's minister, so much of our time is spent with our church family. We also love watching movies together and spending time with our 2 dogs. We live in McComb, MS, which is about an hour-and-a-half from the Hattiesburg campus, so I’m happy that all 4 of my classes are offered online this semester.

From this class, I hope to become more knowledgeable about telecommunications in education. I have looked ahead at the assignment descriptions and each assignment looks like a tool that I could use in teaching and learning. I trust that through this experience I will gain confidence in using Web 2.0 tools, so that I can easily demonstrate them to my students. I have many great expectations for this semester, and I know that this class will supercede them all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie,
    I didn't read the assignments or I would've commented sooner about your stuff. I'm about to do a sprint through all your stuff... Hope you don't mind. :) Well here we go!

    ReplyDelete